Appropriate background music will help to support your marketing message. Wrong music will distract the viewers and make your video look unprofessional.
Tips for choosing proper background music for marketing videos
Tip 1: Know the goal of your video
Knowing the goal will help you to understand how the music can support your marketing message.
Tip 2: Define the mood
Tip 3: Keep Background Music In The Background
Don’t use music that draw attention away from the video or overpowers the narration.
Background Music Examples
Tip 4: Mind Your Target Audience
If you’re trying to reach a broad market choose the music that is neutral and broadly appealing.
Tip 5: Keep It Steady
Pick music with steady pace and no sudden changes in mood or instrumentation.
Tip 6: Keep It Current
Unless there is a good creative reason, use modern sounding music.
Tip 7: Use Loops
Combine individual loops to construct a custom soundtrack of specific length or desired instrumentation.
Note that many tracks available for licensing at Safe Music List come bundled with seamless loops. Furthermore, custom loops can be created on request.
Tip 8: Get Proper License For The Music You Use!
Always obtain permission / license to use the music. Keep it on file for any possible copyright dispute.
Get your license from a music library that specializes in background music for marketing videos.
If you plan on uploading your marketing video to YouTube, make sure the license explicitly covers commercial YouTube use.
KNOWING IS BETTER THAN GUESSING
Get short monthly digests of our latest posts, including personalized tips on improving your vlogs and promotional business videos
Trending royalty free music for marketing videos
- How To Legally Use Music In Commercial Business Videos
- 5 Must Have Marketing Videos For Any New Business
- How To Convert Your Business Marketing Videos To Vertical For Better Facebook Engagement
- How To Bring Your Vlog From Obscurity To The Top Of YouTube
- 5 Best Christmas Video Ideas For Holiday Business Marketing
- Choosing Music For Business Video? 3 Rules You Can’t Ignore (Infographic)
- How To License Music For Commercial Video (Infographic)
- Choosing Music For Real Estate Video? 3 Rules You Can’t Ignore: Infographic
- 3 Key Elements Of A Successful Real Estate Video (Infographic)
- How To Get Great Music For Real Estate Video AND Save Up To 50% On Licensing