Using appropriate background music in promotional business videos can help to increase your videos conversion rate. As long as you do it right!
Rule 1: Avoid distracting the viewer
Unless you intentionally create a video driven by an outstanding music track, choose music that merely sets the mood and remains in the background without drawing too much attention. You want the viewers to focus on what you have to say, not the soundtrack. Thus, make music does not interfere with voiceover or spoken message.
Rule 2: Match the pace of the video
The goal is to make music and video work together to amplify each other. You can achieve this by editing the music to match the key events in the video or, in some cases, it may be easier to edit the to follow the soundtrack. For example, if soundtrack features a dramatic build-up, the video content can change accordingly.
Rule 3: Match the audience tastes and expectations
Think about the key demographic characteristics of your potential viewers. Age, occupation, origin, income and education levels are all good things to consider. When marketing a product or a service, choose music that is most likely to appeal to the tastes of your prospective buyers. For certain industries, your can always go with a safe choice. For example, for a typical banking or professional services promo video, a slightly conservative motivational soundtrack should work in most cases.
Rule 4 (bonus): License any music you use to avoid copyright and legal issues
Using music that was not properly cleared for commercial business use may lead to some unpleasant results, from losing your YouTube channel to legal disputes with copyright owners. Learn more about music licensing for promotional video.
Build up your own background music collection and safely use it in ALL of your business videos
Buy once – use forever, cleared for commercial use
All music is available for immediate online licensing with commercial royalty free license and money back guarantee.
KNOWING IS BETTER THAN GUESSING
Get short monthly digests of our latest posts, including personalized tips on improving your vlogs and promotional business videos
Making lots of videos?
- How To Legally Use Music In Commercial Business Videos
- 5 Must Have Marketing Videos For Any New Business
- How To Convert Your Business Marketing Videos To Vertical For Better Facebook Engagement
- How To Bring Your Vlog From Obscurity To The Top Of YouTube
- 5 Best Christmas Video Ideas For Holiday Business Marketing
- How To License Music For Commercial Video (Infographic)
- Choosing Music For Real Estate Video? 3 Rules You Can’t Ignore: Infographic
- 3 Key Elements Of A Successful Real Estate Video (Infographic)
- How To Get Great Music For Real Estate Video AND Save Up To 50% On Licensing
- Read This Before Adding Music To Your Real Estate Video Listing